Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mera Dosth Marriage at Pune - Part 4

          To my surprise, Rohit picked up the call from Basant by waking up from his sleep. Basant have ordered us breakfast already to his room. (Yes it’s a compliment one from the hotel). After some freshn’up, we gone to Basant room, two plates of sambar idly and upma waiting for us(is it upma or pongal? questioned myself). But its upma, a different one i had so far. Upma?? is it a specially made in pune  not sure but i liked it. Me and Basant felt that Tiffin is not enough for us but Rohit may be maintaining diet had only few. Basant and me had extra breakfast by ordering one more plate of vada and upma.
          
Piyush and Pritam came to pickup us to the new place where we are going to stay rest of our trip. Piyush said we are going to army place where we all going to stay. At first i thought we mean Rohit, Basant and me. But it’s the place where all Piyush’s family going to stay before going to marriage hall. Oh man! In our custom, a groom is not allowed to go outside from home on last day of marriage. But here every one in the family is going to stay in same place.
         
Pune’s traffic and beauty is less since it’s a Sunday. The location was so cool with less noise and the cukoo’s chanting every now and then. In Pashan,  Aromi is the place where family members staying. And for us new scientist research hostel 500mts near Aromi was arranged. A typical hostel room but with big hall and one bed room with kitchen separate and balcony. A scientist can be formed if he stays there for long time since it’s calm and cool.
         
So far it’s just happening but now time to explore since Basant will be visiting friends in Pune. Me and Rohit really didnt have nothing but roam. For me i wish to attend in south indian tradition wear for marriage. Since i started from chennai i didnt have veshti or dothi. So thought of purchasing one along with Rohit. Piyush dropped us in Jai hind store and he said “you will defenitley get dhoti here”. Asked us to call after roaming around.
          
At Jai Hind second floor, we asked for dhoti to a salesman. After some thinking the salesman picked up some dhotis from a room, i felt purchase was simply over. But Rohit said “Bhai, this is old man dhoti type not south indian style its north indian style”. That’s disappointing then i need to go in formal wear to the marriage. Rohit and me didnt have any option of going to some mall or cinema after purchase plan didnt worked well.
         
Piyush already told us to go to E-Square. We took an auto with meter reading to go to Esquare. On the way, we saw some crowd standing at the platform. Driver stopped the auto after some meters away from the location and asked someone about the crowd. When Rohit questioned the autowale, he said it was an accident; a girl was hit down or fell down from the bus. Group of people carried her to the platform and just watching her. I didn’t understand what kind of humanity to watch blood of accident victim without contacting emergency. But Rohit gave me a answer but it’s still not convincing to me. And to add, i am too not helping due to new location and language. Rohit said “bhai, it’s not humanity problem. It’s the police interrogation will turn against the person who helps the victim”. But i believed someone would help her soon. By the time we reached Esquare.
         
Esquare is not a mall which i thought of. It’s a theatre with food court inside. When I seen the list of movies which I can watch is just not available. How can I expect Tamil or Malayalam movies in pune? Finally Rohit said will watch “Gunday” it should be good. We have Priyanka chopra and Ranveer singh in the lead. As it is Rohit is there if I need any clarification if I couldn’t understand the dialogues. Hindi movie without English subtitle believe me this is my second experience after “3 idiots”.
          
We got the tickets in the front row. In Tamilnadu front row ticket is 10 but in Esquare it’s same as first class tickets. Gunday means goondahs and they are top gun of the state. Initially I didn’t understand what ranveer and arjun kapoor were talking but could sense the flow of the Movie. Once Priyanka Chopra came in I was glued to the screen since recently i became fan of her because of “xotic” album song that too introduced by Piyush bhai only. During the second half we heard some shouting from backside. A girl is shouting at some guys may be they misbehaved in the theatre. They stopped quarelling after some time as its disturbing others. Because of front row and not having lunch i got headache to the core. Even the movie was also not interesting due to old wine in new bottle masala sequences.
           
After movie ended when we came out we searched for food shops to have something lighter but thrilled to the see the scene of two persons of that girl (theatre victim) side beating up four persons on the road asked to them to touch the feet of the girl. I have seen another face of pune is good and ethical.
         
Finally we found a shop nearby Esquare. Rohit got me “mixer pav”. Mixer pav is kind of pani puri and masala puri’s masala’s in it with mixture and Bread. yeah! I know thats not bread its the pav. But i should admit its different taste which i had in bangalore once. I ate it like just cutting pav at center and add the masala like how the burger is. Tasting burger with ketchup i dipped the pav for every bite to masala. My hunger is not subsided ordered few more pav to finish out pune’s hunger strike after the heavy breakfast.
         
After some bargaining we got an auto to go to sunshine apartment, Piyush’s place. Only one sentence i could understand from group of autowala’s is “hey marathi nahi hey”. Rohit talked to driver about that marathi comment but i could’nt understand anything.

In piyush’s home, Pritam was trying out the reception dress which he thought of, but Basant is not convinced with the combination he is trying out. Basant suggested a black color pants with shinning for the shirt combination.
          
And now discussion turned to us on our plan on marriage dress. I said Piyush the truth that i am going to come in formals. But he said “Bugger! you come in your tradition for all crap crap functions held at EMC office,  but to my marriage you come in formals”. Hmmm, he is really upset with my choice. But i have company for formals, that is Rohit. He didnt have option for dress upto that time. Piyush said to Rohit that he can wear his kurta and for me Basant planned to give his suit if it fits. Come on! I am 38 waist, i can’t fit his suit.
         
By the way i forgot to mention that Piyush was wearing a long kurta. You should see it to praise. That was a perfect matching kurta for his color. After few conversations, Pritam accepted to go and purchase black pant as Basant said. Me, Pritam, Basant, Rohit and Piyush started to go out. On the way we dropped Piyush to kaya health care for his facial work for marriage and we four gone to “Jai hind” again.
         
At first Pritam was selecting his black shining pant. And Rohit started to select kurta’s and tried one. Basant was giving the exact comments whether to select or not. Finally Rohit tried a white one with design in it. Well, i too was impressed with white kurta. Basant said it was the perfect one. When you look at the rate of the kurta, you won’t say thats the best one. Now the turn comes to me. I selected one and tried it but didnt look nice. During the time some one of my size rejected one kurta and kept near to me. I felt i should try that piece first. For this one i didn’t go to trial room. Just worn it over by T’s. At the back of that place, a stage with big mirror and lighting was there. I stood up there to see myself in the mirror.  Oh my god! Is that me! I said no just because of the rate. But Basant was really impressed with that one. He insisted me for few mins but i was looking at other one i tried. He left the conversation, when i seen rohit he was going to buy the costliest one which suited him. I have to take decision now since i am the one without a choice. Finally i thought piyush will be happy in seeing me like that and choosen the costliest one.

“Costlier one always fits you“ that remind me for my brother marriage i bought a coat which is also near costlier with this kurta. Basant advised me to buy a traditional shoe with designs on. They were cheaper than expected. Before the billing Basant again asked me to buy white socks for the shoe. The Rate of socks is equal to the shoe because it’s a branded one.
          
To me before working in EMC i was not proper with my dressing sense due to Piyush and Mahesh in EMC i was changed more. But i learnt from Basant, how we should select the dress for the occassion. He even told me once for a occassion he gone for purchase with his wife and ended up selecting costlier gagra choli and not worried about budget he thought of. He is the one perfectionist i would say.
          
After our purchase we gone to pickup piyush and eagerly awaiting for night get together. But piyush facial work may take some more time. Me and Rohit decided to shave in the parlour during the time. Rohit had arabia shave i.e Arab shaik style shave. I dont want to say that as french beard its Rohit Shaik Style. Even pritam had facial during the time. Finally piyush came after his facial. Piyush asked us buy a Cake for his sister Piu birthday. Due to marriage busy schedule they didn’t celebrate it seems. In Aromi, Our dinner was ready with the sweet Gajar Halwa. Hmm Gajar Halwa and me were having lot of connections since the only sweet i can make my own is Gajar Halwa. And for Piyush i surprised him by giving Gajar Halwa on his last birthday. He even commented that he was feeling like staying home. And coming back here in the dinner i even asked Piyush about the Gajar Halwa. He recalled it exactly. After dinner We celebrated Piu sister Birthday. At first after seeing the cake piu sister reaction is “finally my birthday cake” because its already 10:30PM. Piyush asked me sing a song but i couldn’t get any tamil immediately. After cake cutting celebration we all gone back to hostel where we stayed. But Basant and Piyush drove back to his colony.
        
Later half an hour piyush called us back to colony for the get together. When we reached colony, Pritam took us(me and Rohit) to  another flat which is ready for our hangout. Along with us Piyush sisters(Poly,Rosy and Romy) also joined the party. I am not sure why one of the sister is pulling my leg with some witty witty sentences like “Yenna Rascala Mind it”. I am still adjusting to the environment. And i am a silent listener.

With some wiffy waffy talks and hangouts hour progresses. With Basant’s awesomatic preparations everyone talked about themselves and work. Piyush was questioning to the sisters are they wondered how come tamil, mallu and hindi guy were close friends to him. Yeah! We are still searching answers friendship doesn’t have language, when its mutual even its not mutual. Few scenes which i need to explain here,  when basant showed his wife in mobile. I just said “okay” but romy asked me “whats that reaction? come on!!!”.  I am not sure how to react when someone showing a photo, if they were opposite i would have said vanakkam in tamilnadu style. Next was when romy was talking about business rosy interrupted to explain how they meet during office hours. And to note i didn’t talked upto that time but romy sister asked to me “why i am not talking as everyone is talking about thier work”.  What should i talk? i still feel uncomfortable with new persons even though they consider me as their family member. I asked her “what her role as a theatre artist is?”. While she was explaining the theatre work i noticed that was the second time she is repeating “after her father died she was forced to quit theatre work”. To change the mind and situation i asked a question to her “whats your name!” Isn’t that funny if someone talking seriously opposite person asking their name? But now after reading this everyone will accept what i asked is correct.

Finally we all slept finishing respective enjoy responsibly things before sleeping, i dropped my mobile on the floor and it stopped display. I slept nicely in bed. In the next bed basant is sleeping.

After few hours ...... Suddenly basant woke up from his sleep after hearing big noise... To be Continued.... 


Yours Lovingly,
Rasal     

No comments:

Post a Comment